Sunday, May 24, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Chapter 1: Tuesday
Chapter 2: Wed
Chapter 3: Thursday
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
The buzz up North is the violation of the sanctity of the locker room by those Crosby homers at the CBC. Shown here, they actually broadcast the Coach's pre-game plan off the board: I haven't seen that since Mad magazine as a kid when they had the reported go into the huddle and the other team watching the TV to know the play.
My boys at PTI said this was because Canadians were pro-Crosby and hence pro-Pens. Not so, I like Ovechkin he's a lot more fun to watch than Crosby and after not watching much hockey for a long time I'm enjoying the series (3-2 Pens after 2 now). Looks like it going 7!
Interesting how triathlon has no locker room, occasionally a change tent and I understand at Ironman Germany only one shared tent. Is that why JS is doing it? I just realize I heard that this morning in the middle of a kick set. I'm glad his retirement was so short from IM (hear that UPAO!). Kinda like the Favre thing now. I'm betting Favre becomes a Vi-Queen just to get the Pack back. And speaking of JS and Tone what was that skimpy garment JS was returning to Tone on deck today? To Ann and I it sure looked like a skimpy green thong. I thought they weren't swimming much in Clermont?
Running back today I was just groovin' on Cream Puff War from the 1st Grateful Dead album.1 They were so young and energetic, just playing manically fast and free. Weren't we but sometimes aren't we? Lightning, thunder starting outside, think I soak up some organic electromagnetic fields.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
- Currency: converts between $, including lots of Earth $ but not Imperial Credits.
- Date Calculator: now at a push of a button I know it is only 16 days until Triple T, 93 days to my birthday, Christmas will be on a Friday in 2026 and May, 2009 is a Leap Month.
- Days until: 116 days until IMC
- Holidays: in 2020 August Civic Holiday is on the 3rd
- Inclinometer: yup, my iphone can now act as a level in 2-dimensions simultaneously, so if I am so "inclined" I can measure my knee angle bend while I am riding and still be on the speaker phone. "153 deg, whoops hold on, I'm going to raise my seat 2 mm, call you later"
- Loan calculator: I have no interest. Ha ha, get it!
- Tip calculator: interesting but not needed in Ontario as you can figure the tip from the sum of GST + PST (15%).
- Unit conversion: on the fly conversion between psi and kPa means my tires will always be perfectly inflated.
- Price Grab (bonus app): what's cheaper per item, 11 of this item for $80 or 12 of this item for $88. I'll now know in a flash.
10. My Girl's Day
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Tour de Vas Deferens : Stage 5 Time Trial Report.
Fabio Castrato of Team Eunuch/NADs smashed the race open during today's individual time trial averaging over 60 km/h for the 47 km course. Castra's attributed his record-setting speed to the aggressive position he is able to obtain on his machine since having surgery to remove his "boys". Ecstatic at the finish line he stated: "I have no saddle issues and could stay low and worry soley about powering my bike to the finish". Triathletes, always keen for an advantage in the "Race of Truth" have been quick to clog up the swine-flu swollen health care systems of North America and Europe to obtain this edge as quickly as possible. Top age-group triathlete Biff Roberts, caught on the way in to surgery in Boulder, Colorado today said "unlike the small advantage of shaving my legs or wearing an aero helmet my riding position after this surgery is going to cut my drag factor by 300 g". Addition advantages are the ability to really wail those high notes and less preoccupation with activities that distract from training, eating and stretching.